Quality Management System
Advanced Technology & Research Corporation (ATR) has documented its quality management program in its Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) to provide corporate level policy guidance to all employees for optimal customer support.
ATR has developed a structured approach to its corporate quality program that flows from the top-level policy document, the QAM, through our corporate Configuration Management Plan (CMP), to the Operational Procedures (OP) level. We have modeled our approach along the ISO 9000:2000 guidelines.
It is the policy of ATR to provide the customer with a product that meets the requirements of the contract and is delivered on time. We will continually strive to improve our processes so that we can continue to be competitive in the market place.
The objectives of the quality policy and the effectiveness of the Quality Program will be monitored by activities that include but are not limited to:
- Identifying key factors which contribute to its success and maintaining performance metrics on those factors;
- Reviewing Quality Program Activities at prescribed intervals;
- Supporting continuous process improvement activities;
- Implementing and verifying corrective action activities;
- Communicating corporate goals and objectives to its employees.
The ATR QAM is the responsibility, authority, and the interrelation of all personnel who manage, perform, and verify work affecting quality. Special consideration is given to personnel who need the organizational freedom and authority to:
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of product, process, or quality system nonconformity;
- Identify and record any product, process, or quality system problems;
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels;
- Verify the implementation of solutions;
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
ATR provides adequate resources and assigns trained personnel for management, performance of work, and verification activities including internal quality audits. Training records and personnel qualifications are kept on file with the Human Resources department.
The executive management of ATR reviews the Quality Assurance System semi-annually to ensure its continued suitability and effectiveness in satisfying the requirements of the Quality policy and objectives as stated in this manual. The review will include but are not limited to:
- Review of internal audit results
- Review of corrective action activities and follow-up results
- Review of performance metrics which support the Quality Policy
- Discussion of improvement activities
- Discussion of transition of key personnel
- Discussion of Quality Planning
All ATR products are subjected to pre-release review by higher echelon management. As ATR evolves products for the customer, a series of scheduled product design reviews, including verification and validation process and its product configuration control to monitor its production process integrity.
Our quality goal remains to always exceed the expectations of the customer.